Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Can I cover up my roots without going the hairdressers?

My hairs a medium to dark brown colour and I've had Highlights put in on the crown and part. Its been 2 months since Ive had them done as I just cant afford them. Can I buy rinses for my hair to match it back to its original colour whilst the highlights grow out?Can I cover up my roots without going the hairdressers?
If the highlights you had put in are blonde, then you will need to use a semipermanent hair dye that has some shades of red in otherwise your hair could take on a green hue.





Good Luck!Can I cover up my roots without going the hairdressers?
guys %26amp; dolls
Yeah. You can buy a temperary hairdye and use that. It may not come out completely, but most of it will.
yes
the rinse will just be a waist of your money. it will absorb into your highlights and stay there defeating the whole purpose of you getting them. when covering up highlights and going back to your original color or at least something to it-its not as easy as throwing just a brown color on your entire head. you have to be really careful with those highlights. trust me-ive been there. wait until you can go to the hairdresser.
yes
So you dont want to cover the ';roots';. You want to color the highlights. There are colored mousses and rinses that will wash out with every shampoo. they are messy and you will have to wash it out EVERY night before you sleep or it will get all over your pillow and bed. It will also stain your clothes if your not careful. I would just call the hairdresser that did your highlights and ask her for a formula that you can buy at Sally beauty supply-NOT WAL MART!- that will save on how much you spend and you will have a professional's opinion. Who knows, she may give you a discount to get it done there!
Thewre is a hair product you can buy just to touch up roots you will get it where you normally see hair colours .
Yes get a good semi-permanent colour. Make sure you read the manufacturer's instructions properly though.
They have hair touch up products- ck the hair treatment section of the pharmacy or whereever you shop and getthose roots fixed girl (it takes 10 min.)

No comments:

Post a Comment