Sunday, February 28, 2010

I want to find out details of ';Rent A Chair'; arrangements for hairdressers and/or beauticians?

I have been advised of a range of potential agreements including hourly rates, weekly rentals and profit shares. Can anyone tell me industry standard rates, what works best from both a salon owners point of view and individual hairdressers. Are there tax implications, links to contract formats etc online? Is it better to be a company structure or sole trader?I want to find out details of ';Rent A Chair'; arrangements for hairdressers and/or beauticians?
it really depends on what side you are coming from. i own a salon and my stylists are paid on a 50% commission. from an owners point of view chair rental would be easier but you also have less control of employees because they are considered independent contractors. there are a lot of tax requirements for commission paid employees. i would suggest getting an accountant at first. if they rent a chair you as an owner are not responsible for their taxes, only your own. i am a sole-proprietor and that works for me but there are advantages and disadvantages for both so your accountant can help you with that as well. hope this helps......if you have any other questions i can help you with you can email me at skullzsalon@yahoo.com
  • hair styling
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment