Sunday, February 28, 2010

For Hairdressers - Would you please help me with a question about hair color products?

I have prematurely graying hair and have been having it color in a salon for several years. I have been having to get it colored every 3 weeks because my gray shows through in fact it starts to show through in about 10 days. Could this be because the hair color product my stylist is using isn't good or could it be my hair grows that fast? She uses a light brown/dark blonde color. I used to have very dark brown hair so we've lightened it up considerably from my natural shade so that the roots don't show so much. It's getting very expensive to have my hair colored every 3 weeks so my question is, is there a good hair color product that I can apply myself?For Hairdressers - Would you please help me with a question about hair color products?
ask your stylist to get ';grey b gone'; it is a new developer that can be used with any color products! only your stylist will be able to get it ! i use it in the salon i work at and it is an amazing products and you should only need to color your hair once every 4 to 6 weeks good luck!For Hairdressers - Would you please help me with a question about hair color products?
i'm not a hairdresser, but if it's just your roots showing through they make hair mascaras for a temporary touch up (will wash out in the shower) or they now make kits that are designed specifically for roots ( i don't know the exact brand but it's one of the big ones and it says root touch up in the name). But if grey is showing through in the lenght of your hair, the dye could be fading. you might want to try getting a color protective shampoo and conditioner. or try a color depositing shampoo and conditioner. artec makes good ones, they are pricey, but you only use them a couple of times a week to ';touch up';
Ask your stylist if they are using a permanent color or a temporary color. That will make a world of difference. A temp. will fade alot faster. Also a red color always fades faster!
Rachel sounds right on. I use Nioxin Protective Cleanser and Protective Scalp Therapy on my own hair on the advice of my hair colorist. When she does my hair it lasts at least 6 weeks.





Since last March 17 I've let my color alone just to see what I've got. Most of the old colored hair has been cut off, but I still have some left over reddish-blonde that looks like highlights. My own color is dark with some gray, esp. in front. I have been known to use a regular eye mascara on the ';gray'; around my face when it was growing back in. I do think that salon coloring is better for your hair. For home shampooing and conditioner, the Nioxin products make your hair look very healthy.
  • hair styling
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment