Friday, February 26, 2010

Why do some hairdressers not want to style cut my hair?

I currently have shoulder length hair. When I go to the hairdressers I find that they try to talk me out of a style cut and talk me into long layers and a trim to tidy my hair up. I'm happy for a really good haircut and the money is not an issue... why don't they want to cut it or suggest styles that could suit my hair type?Why do some hairdressers not want to style cut my hair?
You are getting whats called a box stylist, someone who has gotten into a grove and just wants to trim and do layers Boring! Go to a spa and get your hair done. Tell them that you want something different. Do some research, if you see someone's hair that you like ask where they got it done. I am a stylist and I have seen that happen lots of times. Stylists get lazy and all of their clients end up with the same hair cut! Take in a picture of what you want, don;t let them talk you out of it. :)Why do some hairdressers not want to style cut my hair?
They are probably just trying to suit your face and also a lot of people really like a certain haircut they see and show the hair stylist and the hairstylist will cut it just like the person asked but then the customer hates it because they say it don't look like the picture.The reason that is, is because the face shape and the texture of the hair may be different.Trust me I know these things cuz I do hair for a living
do you haave really thick hair? my sis has REALLY thick hair and has found that some stylists don't want to do her hair because there is so much of it.





or like ppl have said, they are probably just trying to suggest a nice style/cut for your face shape because after all it is what they were trained to do.
I've found that different salons have different practices. If a salon will not give me a consoultation,before the cut,%26amp; before the appt. is made,I'd certainly steer clear of it.
I've noticed alot more of hairdressers trying to do layers too.





Just press the style that you want and ask them for suggestions on that type of cut BESIDES layers.
they probably just dont think the style would work for your face, and are suggesting something safer. they are trained to know these things. but in the end they are just suggestions, and they have to give you what you ask.
because they are lazy





and layers are the easiest thing to do.
maybe because u would look better in it...


there just giving u advice

No comments:

Post a Comment