Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Any advice from NONprofessional hairdressers who have used the hair dye from shops like Sally's?

What do I need beside the brush, dish, color and developer? Does the product tell me how much developer?





Have dyed my hair for several years, thinking about moving up to the big leagues? Has anyone else done this and it worked?Any advice from NONprofessional hairdressers who have used the hair dye from shops like Sally's?
Do NOT use boxed products from places like Wal-Mart. You will do yourself a favor for spending the extra dollar on professional products.





You don't have to have a brush and dish to dye your hair. It is easier and works just as well to use a plastic bottle (at least a four ounce applicator bottle 2 bucks at Sally's).





The hair dye will tell you how much developer and what volume to use depending.


When mixing professional colors, you ALWAYS mix equal parts.


For example: Most hair dye bottles come with 2 oz of color and then you mix 2 oz of developer to make 4 oz.





As for what volume to use. When you are just depositing (darkening or not going any lighter) a color onto the hair, you will want a lower volume number, usually a 20 volume. If you are lifting color (making it lighter) then you will go with a high volume developer such as a 30 to 40 depending on the lift you want.Any advice from NONprofessional hairdressers who have used the hair dye from shops like Sally's?
I get a plastic bottle for mixing the stuff; usually a bottle of hair color and a half bottle of developer does the trick.





I also have a pair of Sally's black gloves so my hands don't get dirty. The gloves stay on and are reusable.





From home, I wear an old t-shirt because it's inevitable that you'll drop some. I also lay an old towel over the bathroom sink %26amp; floor (hair dye on porcelin is forever).





And finally, I put a thin layer of vaseline around my hairline so I don't dye my face!
What is a NON professional hairdresser? You are or you aren't. Any way, Yes go to Sally's the have more pro products %26amp; can assist you with any questions if you don't mind that some of them are professional hairdressers. We professionals do realize not everyone can or wants to go to a salon %26amp; have their hair done %26amp; Sally's is the next best thing and not to use ';box color';.
those are professional products, they work just fine.





The cremes are labeled, the liquids aren't. The clerk will tell you how much developer to use from a chart. Get a plastic squeeze bottle with measurements on the side.
i think you have everything down, coloring hair is very easy, ive been dying my hair myself for years.





good luck!!
  • stainless steel finger ring
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment