Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Should I go to the hairdressers or do foils myself?

I have naturally mousy brown hair and I go to the hairdressers every 8 weeks for half a head of blonde and brown foils. It always takes 3 hours and costs me about $100 (this is probably a cheap to average price in Sydney for foils). I have been thinking about doing my own blonde foils with a home dye kit. Does anyone else do this, and does it come out well?Should I go to the hairdressers or do foils myself?
I have home hair dressing experience....


If you know what you are doing with foils (ie. trained ahir stylist) then dying darker shades is fine.


Never do home foils for hi-lights. The dye you purchase will not give a real hi-light effect. Hair dressers' hi-lighting amonia is only accessible with a hairdressing card for hair/beauty supply stores. So you will never get the right product, such as the blue powder mixed with the various toners the hairdressers use for your particular color. (you say you are mousy so your toners are probably warm shades such as golden blonde, baby blonde, strawberry blonde, avoising cool shades like ice blonde as these look greyer) Therefore you will not get the desired affect.


Just go to the hairdresser it is worth it when you come out with hi-lights that 'pop' rather than dull 'ginger' hi-lights done at home.Should I go to the hairdressers or do foils myself?
Go to Hairdressers as I had streaks done in my hair at home once and people said it looked like I had grey in my hair.
hairdresses


ive seen someone with foils


they did it the best they could


and =s


yuk


lol


dont do it from home
Ahh I wouldn't mess with foils at home if I didn't know how to do it at all and was just trying to guess at it. If you know something about it, and you don't fear messing up your hair, then go for it. :)





If not, then it's salon time, I reckon. :D
no, trying to do foils is so fiddly as is let alone tryin to do it on ur own hair.





also home kits never have the same results as a professional and dont have a strong enough level of peroxide, am assuming the salon uses 9% peroxide on ur hair which the home kits dont contain.
I live in Melbourne and $100 bucks is CHEAP for a 1/2 head. DO NOT DO YOUR FOILS YOURSELF!!! It is definitely a lot harder than it looks and takes us hairdressers months of training to perfect. You will either not get close to the roots or 'bleed' the product so you will Look like you have lines or blobs all over your head!! If you cant afford the maintenance i would suggest going slightly darker, not doing it yourself trust me!
I dont know of its cheap or not, cuz depends on how many foils you are getting, also, do they apply a global color, and toner later. If yes then the price sounds alright. But please do not even dare to do the highlights urself at home, as they will turn out terribly orange and will damage your hair so much so that, you will have to spend a fortune repairing it. Good luck.
  • stainless steel finger ring
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment