Sunday, February 28, 2010

How to act at a hairdressers?

Just wondering what the usual way to act is while getting your hair cut.





They usually give me magazines but I hate magazines so don't know what to do with myself. I don't feel I can get a book out because then it would seem that I'm being rude and not wanting to speak to them. At the same time I feel a bit stupid just sitting there and watching myself in the mirror.





What does everyone else do without the distraction of one of those gossip/hair magazines?How to act at a hairdressers?
I used to work as a hairdresser, its not rude to get a book out! Just do it, its meant to be a relaxing time so just do what ever you want to. Some posh salons have TV's in them. If not just get your phone out and WAP away. Lots of clients just close their eyes and just chill out.


Just enjoy the moment.How to act at a hairdressers?
I'm a hairdresser and there is no need to feel like your being rude if you read a book...


I wouldn't recommend listening to an ipod as sometimes we need to ask you questions. But, we give you magazines so it makes no difference to us if you read a book or magazine.


Just read your book, listen to the hairdresser wen he/she asks you a question and be polite. Also, be truthful, if you don't like wot they are doing, tell them straight away!


We don't find it offencive, we find it very very helpful!


Hope this helps.
Strike up a simple conversation. I hate talking to my hairdresser, but I do some small talk like school, things that have been going on in the area like recent theater plays, football and basketball games, how your grades are (say they're great) and favorite things you and her/him may have in common. Talk about movies and new restaurants, stuff like that.





My hairdresser has a television so that helps when I don't feel like talking to her. I just watch tv. (:





Also, I read the gossip/beauty/hair magazines. (I know you don't like them) But, I love them and they kill LOADS of time.
If I have a chatty hairdresser, I usually don't mind talking to her. Unless she's some weird goth type. Then I usually just read a fashion magazine and ignore her. If she won't stop talking, there's always the eye roll with a heavy sigh. That might give her a hint. ;)





But since you don't like magazines, try just listening to music on an iPod.
If you don't feel like small talk with the hair dresser then of course you can bring a book! If they minded if you read then they wouldn't offer magazines. I don't think it's rude at all to be honest and after all you're a paying customer so you should be able to do what you want (within reason)
Hair dressers usually test the water to see if you want to talk or not, and depending on how you answered they will know whether to start chatting or to let you read or stare at yourself, I don't think they mind either way. Be polite, tell them they are doing a good job. x x
They don't care 'cause they are paid to do your hair, whether you talk to them or not. If I'm in a good mood I'll chat to my stylist, if not I just read a magazine or text people or what ever.
I just talk to her... I have been going to her for a couple years so we kinda know each other. Reading a book is not rude, if you want to read then read.
(lmao) I'm told all the time i worry too much about what people will think, i see you have the same problem then!! JUST CHILL You are not the first person who doesn't know what to do...
Learn how to make money on the internet using w w w.blackhatguide.n e t
Dont have to worry bout that....my gf is my hairdresser so i can just ignore her if i want!! lol





Do whatever makes you feel comfortable, read your book, they dont really care

No comments:

Post a Comment