Monday, February 22, 2010

What is the right precentage to tip hairdressers?

and those that do nails as well? example i always tip bartenders servers 18% and more, but how about hairdressers, is it the same.What is the right precentage to tip hairdressers?
Hairdressers should get at least 20%. My sister-in-law does hair and has complained to me many times about people who come in and have a bill that is $100 or more and only leave her a $5 tip. So, I asked her what was appropriate and she told me 20%. So, there you go! (same goes for nails)What is the right precentage to tip hairdressers?
about the same, i always tip hairdressers 20%
The same as everyone else. Usually 15%
It is suggested that 15% tips for hairdressers is appropriate. If the hairdresser is also the owner of the shop, you need not tip him or her; tipping the owner is not necessary. Always tip the person who washes your hair about $1 or $2.
I think it depends on what kind of job they do for you. My 72 year old mother just went in for a trim and came out with some kind of new age punk that looked like the hairdresser butchered her. I think in that case a big fat $0.00 is called for, on the other hand I have a hairdresser that always does an outstanding job, I give her a flat 20%, I want her to know I appreciate her work and want her to remember me also.
Personal service





Barber/Hairstylist


Again, little agreement: 10-15%, 15-20%, etc. One person recommends $5 to each individual who shampoos or blow-dries your hair! (also)


Manicurist


15%


Spa service


15-20%


Masseuse


10-15%


Shoe-shiner


$2 or $3





link below also give tips for other professional people.
i usually tip about $5 to the hair salon depending on what is being done. and the nail salon ususally about $2
I give them 20% or more. Even at the cheapo places. This weekend my kids got cheap cuts---$12 each, so I gave the stylists $16. I figure it's enough for them to buy lunch.
It depends on how go of a job they do, and what kind of a place it is. I usually tip about 15%

No comments:

Post a Comment