Sunday, February 21, 2010

Any hairdressers out there that are kind enough to answer this question about colour?

I have dark hair which has quite a bit of red in it. My hair's not looking very glossy so am planning to colour it, and ideally would like a medium, chocolate brown, but a very intense colour.





My skin is very fair and my eyes are dark hazel/brown.





Could you advise me which colour to use? If I use an auburn shade, will my hair go orange because of the red already naturally present?





And if anyone out there can recommend a specific make of hair colour and shade - that would be great! I'm happy to try a semi permanent to begin with.





Thanks so much in advance for your help.Any hairdressers out there that are kind enough to answer this question about colour?
use a semi permanent garnier colour i have the same hair as you but used to dye mine darker now i dont dye it atallAny hairdressers out there that are kind enough to answer this question about colour?
i am a hairstylist so i would never suggest that you do this at home , you need to go to a professional in your area and talk to someone that can create the color you want .
As a qualified colour tech, i would advise going to your hairdresser as it is very hard to judge what colour would be best without looking at your hair! Red from hair is quite hard to shift! If you want glossy hair i would recomend using a hair syrum before drying your hair and invest in a salon shampoo and conditioner rather then dying it or using supermarket products. Reason for that is supermarket products contain silicone which coats your hair, leaving it soft, however quite damaged and it also blocks hair dye from staining the hair propery (resulting in poor colour) as for dying it, it will dry out you hair and probably make it look duller!





Hope this helps xx
check the links below for * Hair coloring tips


http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2006/鈥?/a>
For the best possible results I would go to a salon to have the color done, it may be slightly pricey, but you should get results that you would be happy with. Make sure to tell the stylist that you have red undertones in your hair, as part of their training they would have learned how to counteract the reds.
Hi all I can advise is to go and see your hairdresser or find one in your area, dont use a hair dye as its a recipe for disaster, As I have had a problem with my colour my self, I went to get mine coloured today and my hair had all different shades of colours in it and they have used a dye to tone it down and its all one colour and looks really natural. Something I know in a million years I would not get with a standard home dye. The hairdressers no which dyes to put together to tone various colours in the hair down. So if you want to go auburn but are worried about a red, they might be aboe to still but are worried about the red, they might mox a colour to tone it down. I havent a clue how they do it but they do and its brilliant.





My hair was auburn underneath, light brown golden brown dark brown and red. and I have dark brown eye like you, and the dye they used is nearly similer to my own hair colour. So it does pay going to the hairdressers.


The hairdressers will be able to do something,





If your hair is lacking in shine, I swear by Pantene Ice Shine, it doesnt half give already coloured hair a boost, I would try this first before making an descions but dont do it with a home dye, go to a hairdresser

No comments:

Post a Comment