Monday, February 22, 2010

How much do you tip hairdressers?

Is there a certain % that you are supposed to tip a hairdresser?How much do you tip hairdressers?
First, my haircuts only cost 12 dollars. I tip either 1 or 2 dollars depending on how happy I am with the cut and how broke I am at the time. That works out to 8.3% or 16.6%.





There is no certain % that you are supposed to. The amount is an expression of your appriciation for a job well done.How much do you tip hairdressers?
I pay as much as the hairdresser asks from me, no more.


Especially in light of that hairdressers rarely have fixed prices, so they tell you a number that most probably has the tip included.


I don't know who started this stupid custom, but I'm sick and tired of that now every merchant expect to receive tips for even the most basic things.


If I don't give a tip they often treat me like some sht after I'm leaving, they won't say bye or anything.


And then I AM rude for not paying an extra 10-20% for something they are already payed for! They say that the tips became customary in those days when the workers got very little payments and they depended on tips.


But nowadays it's changed, wages are closer to the acceptable standards. I'm an administrator and I never got any tips(and never expected it), but I hardly earn more wage than a hairdresser or a waiter. Now is it fair?


They say that if I can afford to pay for a haircut or to go to a restaurant, I can pay the tips as well. You know this is where they are very wrong, assuming that just because I go out once in a month to a restaurant I'm automatically a rich-*** jerk who can afford everything.


Not true. The prices in a restaurant are already ridiculously high, so they have more than enough money to pay the waiters more.


If the waiters accept the low wages, then they have to accept the consequences of that decision and they shouldn't expect tips.


This tip system is wired into the society so tightly, that some places even go as far as INCLUDING the tip on the bill!





Because tipping became so customary, people pay even if they received bad service, because they feel obligated to. This caused the quality of the services to go down hill, waiters know exactly that most people will tip them even if they are rude.





People should wake up and stop tipping everybody everywhere, because they are also the major part of the problem!
20%- If you're thrilled with the work done


15% if you are happy with the work done


10% if you think the work done is merely acceptable but not good





If you're unhappy with the work, ask them to fix it, if they don't be sure to tip $0.01, which is better than no tip because then they know you didn't forget to tip.
I think it depends on how much it costs. Personally I wouldn't tip more than $10. It also depends on the situation, how much extra money you have (these are tough times %26amp; people are glad to have your business), how well they did %26amp; where you live.
I pay enough to get my hair done without leaving a tip
I usually do roughly 15 %
The rule of thumb is always 15 to 20% with any service provider
i've heard 10% is customary
I usually tip 15%-20% depends on how much he does...trim versus full cut.
I tip 20%

No comments:

Post a Comment