Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm so sick of dumb *** hairdressers cutting my hair incorrectly should I start cutting it myself?

I attended the hairdressers roughly 1 month ago,I told the stupid woman exactly what I wanted and she almost did the exact opposite. I was very angry and had to tolerate insults from friends and family for a couple of weeks. This begs the question: are hairdressers really that stupid? I'm extremely frustrated with this and I am now considering cutting it myself next time. I have no experience or skill in hairdressing but I am able to follow simple instructions, and I know what I want. Is this a good idea?I'm so sick of dumb *** hairdressers cutting my hair incorrectly should I start cutting it myself?
No we are not stupid. Every person interprets things differently so instead of giving instructions take a picture so there will not be any confusion. I am a hairdresser and would never dream of cutting my own hair. You should have told the person that you were unhappy so that the salon could correct the mistake. You should also ask the salon what level of qualifications the hairdresser has and go for a level 3, but you will pay more.I'm so sick of dumb *** hairdressers cutting my hair incorrectly should I start cutting it myself?
Ladies I am an ex hairdresser and I cant even get a decent haircut you name it I have tried it I have paid $150.00 right down to $20.00 and it just doesnt make any difference, I have on occassion cut my own hair and it is alot better than a proffessional, I even have taken photos and shown them and

Report Abuse



I also think that hairdressers are really dumb and stupid, that is why I gave the proffession away having to deal with such dumb people, I now have another rewarding career and only occassionally deal with dumb people but not as much as hairdressers I havent had a good haircut for over 20 years

Report Abuse



i hate hairdressers. if you have half a brain and some aesthetic taste, you can do it yourself. i have been. the last time i got a haircut from someone else was...2006. it looks fine, not strange or noticeable. just pick a fairly simple cut that looks good and update it every month with a trim. saves massive amounts of money.
Maybe, first try another place or another person; it may just be that this woman is as you put it stupid. If this fails then, you can try cutting it yourself but, really i don't think you will have much luck with doing the back and getting it even.





Good luck either way. :]
Most hairdressers are extremeley skilled and there is NO way you could do it yourself to how you want it. Go and see a reputable salon and explain your situation. You will get what you want - you need to communicate more adn next time if you arnt happy dont pay! the customer is always right chick.
it's more complicated than u may think. even hairstylist don't cut their own hair b/c how could u do it accurately?





why not just do thorough research on salon reviews and see a senior professional? it makes a drastic difference what salon u go to and who u see. it will certainly cost more, but it is really worth it.


and next time, bring a picture to make ur description more visually accessible to them.
i know people who cut their own hair and it looks nice, but i wouldn't do it cuz i just don't trust myself. basically, i wouldn't do it. =)
Find a different hairdresser?
I had the same problem a while ago. My hairstylist would NEVER do what I wanted!! I went to him for years, and I would say, ';Robert, I want two-toned hair. I want platinum blonde on the top half of my head, and black on the bottom. Let me keep as much length as possible.'; He dyed the underside of my hair dark brown, and gave me highlights on top, and cut my hair to my shoulders. ';Robert, I want a scene mullet,'; I provided a picture, and he just cut my layers a little shorter. I tried cutting my own hair, and it actually worked really well, I was surprised. But eventually it became uneven, so I just went to a different stylist and complained about how my last hairdresser never did what I wanted. Not that she would've done badly, but I think that might've influenced her to do exactly what I asked. Which she did, and it turned out great.





A lot of stylists think they know what would look best on you and manipulate what you say to make it look how they want. Don't give up immediately, though, just try going to someone else and tell them about the problem you had with your last one.





Good luck!
  • stainless steel finger ring
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment