Sunday, February 21, 2010

Is there a body that regulates hairdressers? How can i report a dodgey hairdresser?

A hairdresser bleached my hair without telling me. She has damaged my hair. Her husband was applying the bleach at one point and i dont think he is a qualified hairdresser nor an apprentice. Is this allowed? I mentioned to her that my scalp was hurting but she ignored this. She has ruined my hair and i need to have the colour corrected. However my concern is that it seems just anyone can be a hairdresser even if they dont know what they are doing. Is there a body that regulates the licencing etc? I have confirmation from two independent hairdressers that she has damaged my hair.Is there a body that regulates hairdressers? How can i report a dodgey hairdresser?
At the very least you can call the Better Business bureau. And maybe the health department. You can always sue her! Since you have other hairdressers to back you up. Good luck.





I live 2 hours from my old hairdresser I make the trip once every six months! Get my hair done my teeth cleaned and see my doctor! Here in Bakersfield this one dummy cut my hair uneven took a year to grow out!Is there a body that regulates hairdressers? How can i report a dodgey hairdresser?
I believe it would be the state board of barbers and cosmetologists
Depends on your state, but most are regulated by a ';Board of Cosmetology';.

No comments:

Post a Comment