Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why do hairdressers get a hairstyle wrong even i you show a picture?

I get that i the absence of a picture it is hard but how can you get it wrong if someone presents a picture.Why do hairdressers get a hairstyle wrong even i you show a picture?
I wonder the same damn thing.Why do hairdressers get a hairstyle wrong even i you show a picture?
The easy answer to that question coming from a cosmetologist (Im a male cosmetologist actually) is that most hairdressers like to do things their own way. And some just dont know how to do the cut, so they improvise. It all matters who you go to. Some great stylists work in the cheap places, and some really bad ones do also. Going to a higher end salon wont help you any more than the cheap ones. Just find a stylist that will Listen to what your really want, and be direct and ask them if they know how to do the cut.


Or find a girl that has a cut you like and ask them who their stylist is.


Get their stylist name and their name. The when you go to keep your hair cut tell them *Carrie* (or whoever sent you and that you want the same exact cut. Hope that helps
if you're going to discount places it's probably because you're paying for the quality you get...





it could also have to do with different textures of hair, the direction of hair, and how thick your hair is. sometimes it will look different in the picture because the person has really thick wavy hair and you don't for example.
I know right! My friend just went to get a haircut, the pic she had had hair down just past the shoulders, and the stinkin stylist cut it just past her chin. Needless to say my friend was ticked.


Anywho I think davagio78's answer was spot on. I've had great haircuts from the cheaper places a lot of the time, and crappy ones from expensive ones (my example up there was an expensive one). Sometimes they seriously just can't do the cut, and sometimes they think this or that would look better (i don't mind if they wanna improvise, as long as they tell me they think something else might look good and letting me dis/agree before they chop off my hair)
Maybe your heads a different shape and your hairs a different density so it comes out wrong looking.
Unexperienced workers lmfao


you'd get a better outcome if you did it yourself without a mirror D:
I KNOW RIGHT???


well i guess even professionals make mistakes.


but there is always that one time that the hairdresser makes your hair perfectly....
I think its because they try to ';improve'; on the hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment